It is perfect in winter to warm up, and it is perfect with some cold beer. I tried this dish in a restaurant in Lausanne, and I just loved it. So I tried to redo it at home and it went pretty well. 🙂
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 12 merguez sausages (spicy sausages)
- 12 middle sized potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet and sour sauce
- Half of a tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce
- Cheese (I think Gruyere would be the best, but I used a mix of Edam and Maasdam, so any hard cheese with a mild taste would probably be good)
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Chili powder
- Cut the potatoes in 4 mm slices (or you can make them into french fries).
- In a preheated pan, pour a little bit of oil and quickly cook the potatoes on mid-high heat.
- When both sides are golden brown, reduce the heat to low and cook the potatoes until they are cooked inside.
- Preheat an oven at 250°C and set to grill.
- Fill a tray with water and place it in the oven, above the water tray, on a rack, grill the sausages until golden brown
- To prepare the sauce, mix all the sauces in a bowl and add the spices depending of your tastes.
- Slice the sausages.
- In a pie dish, mix the sausages slices, the potatoes, grated cheese and the sauce.
- Put the pie dish in the oven but switch off the grill and cook it for a few more minutes or until the cheese melts.
You can add a little bit of cayenne pepper on top for the presentation.
Bon appétit! 😉