Translating the recipe of the Pepper Burger created a craving for burgers in me. Coupled to the craving for Mexican food, it created this burger and it was SO good.
Ingredients for 4 burgers:
- 600 – 800 g of minced beef
- 2 tomatoes
- A small bell pepper
- Some lettuce
- 8 burger cheeses (I used some Cheddar-Emmental ones)
- 2 onions
- Burger buns
- 50 g of beans
- Hot sauce (I used the Habanero one)
- Chili mix
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Dice one of the onions and the tomatoes.
- Put a pan on medium heat and pour some oil.
- Cook the onion until it begins to be translucent and add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- When the tomatoes look like a paste, add 2 tablespoons of ketchup, some hot sauce and the spices depending of your tastes.
- Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour your sauce in a blender and blend it until it have an homogenous texture.
- Slice thinly the bell pepper and grill it slightly.
- Slice the second onion and the lettuce.
- Toast the burger buns.
- Form the patty and cook them as you prefer.
- Finally build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Grilled bell pepper
- Beef patty
- Top bun