For this recipe I used the recipe of Tsukemen of Cooking with dog as inspiration and customised it.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- One chicken breast
- 250 gr of mushrooms ( I used a mix of Shimeji, Eringi and Oyster mushrooms)
- One garlic clove
- A piece of ginger (1cm*2cm approximately)
- One chili
- Sesame oil
- One spring onion
- Chicken broth
- Soy sauce
- One egg
- Cut the chicken breast in two pieces (I cut in one third/ two third pieces).
- Dice the mushrooms in 1cm pieces.
- Slice the chili in small pieces.
- Separate the spring onion in 3 pieces: the white one, the dark green one and the intermediate one. Slice thinly the white part and the dark green one.
- On high heat, pan sear the chicken.
- Finish cooking the bigger piece of chicken in an oven at 180°C. When cooked let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Keep the smallest piece in the pan, reduce the heat to medium and add 3 tablespoons of sake, the chili pieces and the mushrooms dices and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add one liter of chicken broth, the garlic slightly crushed, the ginger slightly crushed and the intermediate part of the spring onion.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook the noodles as described on the packet. Cook the egg as you like it (soft boiled for me).
- Remove the garlic,the ginger and the intermediate part of the onion.
- Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and the white part of the spring onion and reduce to medium-low heat.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of miso in the soup and add a dash of sesame oil.
- Finally slice the big part of the chicken, cut the egg in two. In a bowl, put some noodles, add the soup and top it with an half of egg, te chicken slices, the green part of the spring onion and some seaweeds.