A way to do some yummy and spicy shawarma at home.
Ingredients for 2 wraps:
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 2 chicken breasts
- Any veggies that you like for the topping
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- A garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of cardamon
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (If you like it slightly hot)
- 1 greek yoghourt (not sweet)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Start with the marinade:
- Mix and crush if necessary the spices.
- Add a crushed clove of garlic and the juice of half a lemon.
- Finally add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge over night. I actually like to prepare the marinade in the evening, put it in the fridge for the night and put the chicken in it in the morning so it marinate during the day.
- Preheat your oven at 220°C (430°F).
- Cook the chicken in a oven grid for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it slightly cool down for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in thin slices.
- If you find it not cooked enough or you want it crispy, stir-fry the slices on high heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the veggies you want to use as topping. For me it is some tomato, onion and lettuce.
- For the sauce:
- Mix the yoghourt, half a teaspoon of crushed cumin, the garlic powder, some sliced parsley, chive and mint and the juice of a quarter of lemon.
- Add some pepper and salt to taste.
- Finally, warm up your wraps, put some spicy sauce if you like it, the chicken slices, the toppings and the sauce and roll the wrap.
3 thoughts on “Chicken Shawarma”
Reblogged this on Whole Chacha.