This sauce is wonderful. I now always have a bottle of home made yakitori sauce in my fridge to add it whenever it’s needed.
I will write a “Lazy Yakitori” recipe that use it. 😉
It is extremely easy to do but takes a little bit of time.
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of mirin
- 1/2 cup of sake
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of sugar *
- 2 green onions (only the green part)
* Concerning the sugar, I like this sauce on the sweet side, but obviously adjust it to your taste. 😉
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and bring it to a boil on high heat.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat until having a gentle simmer.
- Let it simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until it reduce by half.
- When it is reduced enough remove from heat, remove the green onions and let it cool down.
I generally pour it in an empty soy sauce bottle when it’s cool.