(The picture is from my first try so it not seared enough and doesn’t have any fresh green onions).
It is a nice and quick — if you have already the Yakitori sauce — that goes as well with rice as by itself.
It is the best with chicken thighs, but chicken breast or even legs work as well. If you can, cook the chicken with the skin for more flavor and texture ;).
- 200-250gr of chicken
- 3 green onions
- Half a cup of Yakitori sauce
- Separate the green onions into white and green parts.
- Cut the white part into 2cm pieces,
- Slice thinly the green part and keep it for later.
- Cut the chicken in pieces of about 2*1*1 cm.
- Preheat a pan with a little bit of oil on high heat.
- Sear the chicken, it’s fine if it slightly get burned.
- When the chicken is half “seared” add the green onions and keep the heat high.
- When the chicken is seared, reduce the heat to medium-high and add the sauce and half of the green onions. Stir fry to get all the caramelized/burned part but avoid overcooking the sauce.
- Dish it up, and add the rest of the green onions.