Rework of the archived recipe: Pepper sauce .
Usually people like to use a simple Pepper sauce, which is thickened with flour or starch but I prefer thickening the sauce with cheddar. It brings a lovely additional flavour.
You can find below the amounts I use, but you can use as many of each ingredients to your tastes (as much in term of flavour as in term of texture). Concerning the steak, cook it as you like it. You can cook it before the sauce so you have a nice fond for your sauce, or you can first prepare the sauce, then cook the steak and add the resting juices in the sauce.
Additionally I like to mix normal black pepper and Java long pepper as it have a slight all spice flavour.
Ingredients for 4 people (so around 700gr of beef steak):
- 300ml of liquid cream (or sour cream works too)
- 3 teaspoons of peppercorns (three of black pepper, or two of black pepper and one of Java long pepper)
- 100gr of cheddar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- If you already cooked or seared your steaks, use the same pan and deglaze it with the cream over medium heat. Otherwise bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat.
- When the cream starts to simmer, reduce the heat to low.
- Grind the pepper to the grain you like, and add it to the cream.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes and add the grated cheddar.
- Mix until homogeneous.
- Taste and add some salt and the butter and remove from heat.
Enjoy with your steak 😉
#Butter #Sauce #Steak #Cream #Recipe #Pepper #Cheese #Beef #Cheddar