I am not very fond of salads in general, but this one feels more like a whole dish than a simple salad. It has a lot of different spices (based on an old recipe) but is quite simple to make.
It uses most of the ingredients that you would have in a shawarma but without the pita bread or the flatbread. So it makes it gluten free and, if you replace the Greek yogurt by mayonnaise, dairy free.
Ingredients for the marinade of 2 chicken breasts
- Half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (If you like it slightly hot)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogourt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Half a teaspoon of Italian herbs
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Quarter of cucumber
- Half a small onion
- 1 tomato
- Some lettuce
- Half an avocado
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and add the chicken breast. Leave it to marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven at 200°C (390°F).
- Cook the chicken with its marinade in a deep oven dish for 15 to 20 minutes, or until having clear juice.
- Let the chicken cool down before slicing it. This way it stays juicy.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Slice all the veggies the way you like it, top with the sliced chicken and the dressing.
#Cayennepepper #Chicken #Cucumber #Salad #Avocado #Lemon #Garlic #Yoghourt #Cinnamon #Spices #Onion #Cumin #Cardamom #lettuce #Coriander #Marinate #Tomato