I call it the “Classic” Burger, as it is my default burger when I do not know what kind of burger I feel like.
Lately, I prefer making the patty as a thick smashed burger but you can do as you like. For the lettuce part, you can use whatever you prefer: iceberg, mixed, even some lettuce with beetroot slices.
Ingredients for 2 burgers:
- 250-300gr of minced beef
- Half an onion
- 2 or 4 tomato slices
- Some lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Some ketchup (or any spicy sauce, if you prefer)
- 4 slices of cheddar
- Burger buns
- Thinly dice the onion and mix it with the mayonnaise.
- Separate the beef into two patties.
- Bring a pan to smoking point (when the oil begins to smoke) on high heat with a little bit of oil.
- Cook the patties as you prefer. In my case, I put the patties as balls in the hot pan and then press them down.
- When the patties are golden brown (or even better, crispy) on a side, flip them over, add the ketchup on top and a slice of cheddar. Add a teaspoon of water in the pan and cover.
- Toast the buns.
- When the buns are toasted, the patty golden brown on both sides and the cheese melted, build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Slice of cheddar
- Patty (with ketchup and melted cheddar)
- Onion-mayonnaise mix
- Top bun
Rework of the archived recipe: The “Classic” Burger.
#Mayonnaise #Ketchup #Onion #lettuce #Recipe #Tomato #Beef #Cheddar #Burger