Herby, fresh, sour and spicy, the Chimichurri sauce is perfect to serve with beef steaks.
I like using half lemon and half lime, but you can go for just lemon, or just lime or even, as most recipe advise, wine vinegar.
You can use three different methods: using a blender, mince everything by hand, or pound with a pestle and mortar.
- A handful (around 20gr) of coriander
- A handful of parsley
- 1 small lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 bird chillies
- 1 clove of garlic
- A pinch of salt
- Begin by peeling or juicing the lemon and lime.
- In the case of the blender method, you can just pop everything in the blender and mix until the desired consistency.
- For the mincing method, cut the coriander, parsley, chillies and garlic as thin as you like. Mix it with the lemon and lime juice and the pinch of salt.
- For the pounding method, add first the salt in the pestle. This way it serves as an abrasive texture. Cut in big chunks the herbs, garlic and chillies, and start by pounding the herbs, then add the chillies and the garlic. Finally add the lemon and lime and pound it until desired consistency.
#Lemon #Garlic #Sauce #Chili #Food #Recipe #Coriander #Lime