The “Triple” in “Triple Crisp” Burger stands for the onion rings, crunchy bacon and crispy chicken patty. To balance the crispy fried elements, it is served with a simple version of a tartar sauce, some lettuce and tomatoes.
For the patty, you can go for chicken fillet, chicken thigh or minced chicken. Also I am breading it with panko, but you could go for a Karaage style patty too. The onion rings are pretty simple, so if you have any idea how to make them better, I would love to hear about it. Finally, if you cannot eat bacon, replace it by turkey bacon.
Ingredients for 1 burger:
- Burger buns
- 100 to 150gr of chicken breast (or chicken thigh or chicken mince)
- Some corn starch
- One egg
- A dash of milk
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Some lettuce
- 2 tomato slices
- 3 big onion slices
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a clove of garlic
- 3 gherkins
- 3 small pickled onions
- 2 slices of cheddar
- 2 slices of bacon
- Mince the gherkins and pickled onion, crush the garlic, and mix it all with one and a half tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Mix the egg and a dash of milk.
- Cover the onion slices in corn starch, then dip it in the egg mixture, then again in the corn starch, and deep-fry it until golden-brown.
- Cook the bacon as you like. I simply cook it in a pan on high heat until crispy.
- Toast the buns.
- Preheat some oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Bread the chicken by first covering it in corn starch, then dipping it into the egg mixture and finally in panko breadcrumbs. For more crispiness you can dip it again into the egg and then into the panko.
- Cook on the first side until golden-brown, flip it and add the gherkin-mayonnaise sauce on top, as well as a slice of cheddar and cover. Cook until golden-brown and the cheddar melts.
- Build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Slice of cheddar
- Patty (+sauce and cheddar)
- Onion rings
- Top bun with half a tablespoon of mayonnaise.