As weather is getting colder the “Au Chalet” Burger is perfect to warm-up. It is kind of based on the the Raclette dish, which is a generally hot melted Raclette cheese served on a potato with some thin cured meat and pickles.
You can play with the ratio pickled onions/ gherkins/ garlic to suit your tastes. If you cannot find cured meat or ham, you can replace it with some bacon I guess.
Ingredients for 2 burgers:
- 4 slices of Raclette cheese
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4-5 gherkins
- 10 little pickled onions
- 1 small onion
- 1 potato
- 300gr of minced beef, pork or mixed
- 4 tomato slices
- Dry cured meat or ham
- Mince the gherkins and pickled onions and mix it with mayonnaise and crushed garlic.
- Grate the potato and onion and mix them together.
- Preheat some oil in a pan on medium heat, shape the potato and onion mix in two thin pancakes and fry them until golden brown on both sides.
- Form two patties out of the mince and cook as you prefer.
- Slice into thin stripes the dry cured meat.
- Toast the buns.
- Melt the Raclette cheese and build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Potato-onion pancake
- Hot melted Raclette cheese
- Dry cured meat
- Top bun