This Honey and Soy sauce basted Salmon is a nice and simple recipe. You can use any veggies you like with the Salmon.
Also you can use some frozen Salmon right out of the freezer, with frozen veggies. In that case, cook for 10 more minutes.
Ingredients for a portion
- 150-200 gr of salmon with the skin
- 0.5x1x1cm piece of ginger
- Half or a whole bird chilli
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Some veggies (zucchini, onions, carrots, broccoli …)
- Dice the veggies into bite size pieces and put them into a small baking dish.
- Mix the soy sauce and honey in a small sauce pan, on medium heat, until the honey is dissolved.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (or 390°F).
- Put the salmon the veggies.
- Grate the ginger and slice the chilli and add it on the salmon.
- Put the veggies and salmon into the oven and cook for 10 minutes (or 20 if using frozen ingredients), while basting the salmon with the sauce every 2 minutes.
- Finally, use the broiler or grill for 10 to 15 minutes while continuing to baste the salmon.