This Spicy Chicken Tortilla is a nice meal to share as a family – everybody simply builds their own tortilla from the different components. Those components are:
- spicy chicken, bell pepper and onion mix
- cherry tomato, red onion and coriander salsa
- a simple guacamole
- cheddar or any cheese of your choice
You can add some additional components such as some sour cream or refried beans, or anything you can imagine.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 1 cup tomato puree
- A dash of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 chipotle chilli
- 2 yellow or white onions
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tortilla
- Grated cheddar or any cheese of your choice
- Let start with the chicken mix:
- Slice the bell peppers and the onion, as well as the chicken and mince the chipotle chilli.
- Preheat some oil in a pan on high heat and cook the chicken until it start to brown. Remove the chicken and reserve for later.
- Add the onions and bell pepper to the pan and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the tomato concentrate and the chipotle chilli. Mix until all the bell peppers and onions are covered in sauce.
- Add the tomato puree as well as the cooked chicken and the oregano.
- Mix well and add soy sauce to taste (to bring some saltiness).
- The chicken mix is ready.
- For the salsa:
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, thinly dice the red onion and slice the coriander.
- Mix it all together and add the juice of a lime.
- For the simple guacamole, mash the avocados and mix it with a crushed garlic clove and the juice of a lime.
- Finally, “build” you tortilla with a bit of each component and top it with some grated cheddar.