The legend says that this recipe was french and that a french cook, with the last name “Olivier”, imported in Russia and adapted it to the Russian taste.
There are a lot of different version of this salad, the one that I do is my family one.
Ingredients for two people:
- Two potatoes ( the best for this recipe is the one that stay a little bit hard after boiling them)
- A carrot
- Two pickles
- An egg
- 50 gr of peas
- 100 gr of ham dices
- Some mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes, the carrot and the egg. The egg should be hard boiled and the potatoes and the carrot should be a little bit soft.
- Dice the potatoes and the carrot, and put them in a salad bowl. Add some pepper and salt.
- Dice the pickles and the egg, and add them in the salad bowl.
- Add the peas and the ham dices.
- Finally add some mayonnaise. You can add some chives or some parsley.