This recipe is similar to a Carbonara, but with the addition of cream in it. Therefore I renamed it into Pasta Creambonara.
I enjoy adding the yolk on top of the pasta but if it is not of your liking, you can add it at the same time as the egg white in the sauce. You can also add some crushed garlic with the onion if you like.
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 1 portion of the pasta you like
- 1 small onion
- 4 slices of bacon or 80gr of pancetta
- 3 heaped tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 teaspoon of parmesan
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into half a centimetre slices and the onion into half a centimetre dices.
- Separate the egg white and the yolk, keep both.
- Cook the bacon in a pan on medium heat so it renders some fat, then reserve the bacon.
- Use the rendered fat to cook the onion on medium heat. If you do not have enough rendered fat, add some olive oil.
- When the onion turns translucent, add back the bacon and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Put some water to boil for your pasta.
- Add the sour cream and the parmesan.
- Cook the pasta as specified on the packet.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is ready, transfer it in the sauce, add the egg white and mix vigorously until the egg white is incorporated and cooked.
- Serve and top with the yolk and a teaspoon of parmesan.