This Garlic and Chicken Fried Rice is one of those nice leftover dishes. It uses some leftover chicken and cooked rice, and elevates it thanks to garlic and eggs.
You can of course replace the chicken by pork, beef or even some mushrooms. Also you can add some more veggies, like some diced carrots or some green peas.
Also you can make more of the crunchy garlic, pat the oil off and keep it for other dishes.
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 1 portion of leftover cooked rice
- 1 leftover chicken thigh or breast
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves (or more if you like)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Thinly dice the garlic and add it and the oil to a pan on low to medium-low heat. Cook the garlic slowly until it is golden-brown and crispy, and the oil get some of the garlic fragrance.
- Remove the garlic from the pan and reserve it as a topping for the end.
- Shred or dice the chicken, and slightly beat the eggs.
- Rise up the heat of the pan to high, and add the beaten eggs while stirring like if you were doing scrambled eggs.
- When the egg firms up, add the rice and mix well.
- When the egg and the rice are nicely mixed, add the chicken and the soy sauce and stir fry it all for 3 more minutes.
- Dish up and top with the crispy fried garlic (and some chive if you have any).
A bowl of Garlic and Chicken Fried Rice with some more crispy garlic.
#Chicken #Leftover #Egg #Garlic #Stirfry #Rice #Oil #Food #Recipe #Soysauce #Cooking #Cook