This Indian Chicken Curry probably has a proper Indian name but I do not know it. If anybody knows it, please tell me how it is called. But it is, nonetheless, really tasty.
This Indian Chicken Curry is delicious and in the end pretty easy. It just takes a little bit of time. It also goes perfect with some rice and some Naans.
Ingredients for 5 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (can also be plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- A 1x1x1cm piece of ginger
- Some fresh coriander
- 1,5 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Dice the onion, crush the garlic and grate the ginger.
- In a pan on high heat, put some oil and cook the chicken until golden-brown. When cook set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add some more oil as well as the garlic, ginger and onion. And cook until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the spices, mix it well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken, yogurt and tomatoes. After stirring it in, taste and add some salt and some fresh coriander to taste.
- Cover and simmer it for 20 to 30 minutes. I like my curry quite thick, but it you prefer it more saucy, you can also add some water to reach your consistency of choice.
- Serve it and top it with some more fresh coriander.
#Cayennepepper #Chicken #Garammasala #Lunch #Garlic #Sauce #Rice #Food #India #Onion #Cumin #Yogurt #ginger #Curry #Indian #Recipe #Coriander #Cooking #Cook #Tomato #Dinner #Turmeric