Let’s start with a simple recipe that I really like: the Charlotka.
This cake is one of my favorites. This recipe is my version so it is only with apples and cinnamon, but you can add some dried apricots and/or prunes.
- 4 eggs
- 2 apples
- First of all, mix eggs with an half of cup of sugar (approx. 100-120g sugar).
- Add between one and one and half cups of flour slowly (approx. 220-270g, add until the consistency is still fairly liquid but becoming more stiff).
- When the dough is ready, add some cinnamon (as much as you like).
- Dice the apples into pieces and add it in the dough.
- Pour the dough in a cake tin. You may use some grease-proof paper so it is easier to take out the cake and to clean.
- Put the cake in a cold oven and switch it on at 180°C.
- Let it could between 90 and 120 minutes (depends on the consistency of the dough and the apples so you will need to check it frequently after 90 mins to see if it is ready)
- And, it is ready! Let it just cool down and you can add a little bit of cinnamon on the cake.