It is perfect with noodles and veggies or rice.
Ingredients for two:
- 400 gr of chicken breast
- 150 ml of low salt soy sauce
- 50 ml of honey
- 50 ml of sake or mirin
- One table spoon of ginger powder or grated ginger
- Salt, pepper
- If your chicken breasts are too thick, you can slice it in two or use a rolling pin to flatten it. A thickness of one centimeter is perfect.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, honey, sake or mirin, crushed garlic and the ginger. You can warm it up to help the honey to dissolve.
- Put salt and pepper on the chicken.
- In a pan, warm up some oil. When the oil is hot, put the chicken in the pan.
- When the chicken is golden brown, reduce the heat by half and add the sauce.
- Simmer it for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and let the sauce thicken a little bit more.
- Cut the chicken in half of a centimeter slices and put some sauce on top. You can top it with some sliced spring onion.