For stew and curries, the most important is patience.
Ingredients for 3 person:
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 350 gr of chicken breasts
- 1 leek
- Japanese curry dice
- Cut the onions, carrots, potatoes, leek and chicken into 1 cm pieces.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and cook the onions and carrots until the onion starts to be translucent.
- Put the cooked onion in a big pot or, as I do, in a wok.
- Keep the remaining oil in the pan and use it to quickly cook the leek on a half lower heat.
- When the leek starts to be slightly brown add it in the big pot.
- Once again keep the oil (if needed add some more) and cook the potatoes on an even lower heat. You want the potatoes to be practically cooked but not golden brown.
- Add the potatoes into the big pot.
- Finally cook the chicken on a medium-high heat. It should be cooked and slightly golden brown.
- Add the chicken in the pot and add water until it practically cover the ingredients.
- Put the pot on maximum heat until the water start to boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes and reduce the heat to the minimum.
- Add the curry dice, mix and let it simmer. The longer it simmer the better it is!