I had that crazy (or stupid) idea in my head for a few weeks: What kind of burger can I
make using shrimps as patty? So I finally decided to give a try and see what I can do.
Ingredients for one burger:
- 250 gr of shrimps
- A spring onion
- An egg
- Bread crumbs
- Burger bun
- Sweet sour sauce
- Sesame seeds
- For the patty, I first minced the shrimps and the white part of the spring onion thanks to
- I added then some pepper and 3 teaspoons of flour, but potato starch would have been better, and mixed it properly.
- The result was too soft so I formed the patty on some plastic foil and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes (longer would have been better).
- After that, I rolled the patty in the flour, egg and bread crumbs and fried it in a pan.
- For the sauce, I cut the burger in two when it was ready so I could test two different sauces: sweet sour sauce and a sauce made from 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds that I crushed.
- I toasted the buns and sliced the green part of the spring onion
- Finally I build the burger(from bottom to top):
- Spring Onion
It was an interesting and promising burger but it need some more work. The sweet sour sauce seemed to be better but I still have to see how it would be with a better sesame sauce.
Some of the improvement that I already see is to perhaps not mince all the shrimps but instead mix a part that is minced with a part that is diced, it should give more consistence to the patty.
The second improvement would be to build it differently: bun, patty, sauce, spring onion, lettuce and the top bun. This way the lettuce will not be “cooked” by the heat of the patty.
Finally, adding some spices could be added to the patty.
If you have any other idea, please share them with me 😉