So after a bunch of tries I finally managed to do something pretty close to the biltong that I buy in the South African pub close to my place. It is drier that the one I used to buy but I think it is just due to the meat I used that is very lean.
- 500 gr of thin peaces of beaf (around 0.8 cm of thickness)
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of coriander (powder or crushed grains)
- 0.5 teaspoon of pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- In a bowl mix the vinegar with all the spices.
- Dip the meat in the vinegar mix and make sure that all the meat is coated.
- Put the meat in a bowl, cover with plastic foil and marinate it over night in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 60°C with the “fan” mode switched on and a trail at the bottom of the oven.
- Hang the meat on a cooking grid and put it in the oven.
- Dry for at least 6 hours.
- When the meat is dry slice it in very thin pieces and it is done!