You can replace duck with chicken, it works almost as well.
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 2 onions
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 duck fillets (or chicken breast)
- A pineapple
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- Red curry paste
- Lime leaves
- Dice the onions, cut the zucchinis in two length-wise and slice each side, dice the pineapple and cut the lime leaves in two or three.
- Sear the duck fillets in a pan on a high heat staring by the skin side.
- Preheat your oven at 180°C with a grid and a tray with water. When the duck fillets is seared on all sides, cook it on the grid in the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending how you like it). When it is ready, let the duck rest and cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- In a big pan cook on middle heat the onions with some oil and a teaspoon of red curry paste.
- When the onions start to be translucent, add the zucchinis.
- Cook for 4 minutes and add the pineapple.
- Cook for another 4 minutes and add the coconut milk, the lime leaves and 2,5 tablespoons of red curry paste.
- Simmer until the duck is ready.
- Slice the duck and add it to the curry.
- Finally serve on some rice.
One thought on “Thaï Red Curry with Duck”
Reblogged this on Whole Chacha.