Hey! So I was checking through my posts and noticed that I had a draft of post for this recipe nearly ready for a few months. Just forgot it ^^’. So here you go:
I had a lot of thing to take care and not much time to cook. But yesterday I finally managed to cook a little bit and tried an idea that I had for a long time. I did not have all the ingredients I wanted so will present you what I did and put in brackets the original idea.
The main idea of this recipe is to have gooey cheese with crispy bits in the middle of the patty. That way the taste of that filling is nicely concentrated inside.
By the way, even without all the ingredients I wanted, it was pretty awesome. So I hope you give it a try and enjoy it 😉
Ingredients for 1 burger:
- Burger buns
- Slice of cheddar
- 200gr of minced beef and pork (I used a mix, but I’m sure with simply beef it would have been good too)
- 2 slices of bacon
- Half an onion
- 50gr of grated cheddar
- 25gr of grated mozzarella (You could add additionally 25gr of grated gouda)
- Quarter of a garlic clove
- Lettuce leaf
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Half a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce (Or a Jalapeño pepper)
- Pinch of :
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- We start with the filling:
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy.
- Dice the onion, cook half of the dices until golden brown (I like to cook them using the rendered bacon fat).
- Break the bacon in small bits.
- Mix in a pot the grated cheeses, crushed garlic, cooked onions and bacon bits. Season with some pepper.
- Melt the mix on medium heat (You can add a dash of water to help it to melt).
- Remove from the heat when it is nicely mixed and melted. Let it cool down (you can even put it in the freezer).
- Then take care of the sauce: Simply mix the mayonnaise, Sriracha, the spices and the rest of the onion dices.
- When the filling is properly could down (Not liquid anymore but not ice hard either), start forming the patty:
- Take around 2/3 of the meat, and form a sort of bowl from it.
- Put your filling in that “bowl”.
- With the rest of the meat form the top.
- While slowly turning the patty, pat the meat until the top and the bowl form an uniform patty.
- Toast the buns.
- Cook your patty until golden brown and add the cheddar slice on top at the end.
- Spread your sauce on the top bun.
- Build your burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Lettuce leaf
- Top bun with the sauce.
PS: A little picture of the cut, sorry it’s pretty blurry.