An important point that I want to make first, is that it is definitely not a traditional Chili Con Carne, but a personal version that I like to do. Indeed, I simplified a lot of things and I am using ingredients that I manage to find easily where I live.
It is still a spicy dish with a Mexican or tex-mex feel to it, that can be served by itself or in a tortilla with some avocado or guacamole and some cheese (cheddar in my case). I also like to add some pickled jalapeños when I do the tortilla version.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 250gr minced meet (beef, or pork or mixed)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 100gr of black or kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 250ml of tomato pulp or sauce
- 30gr of corn
- 3 tablespoons of Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Half a teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and slice the pepper in small bite pieces.
- Fry the minced meat on high heat with a tablespoon of oil, until it gets some crispy bits.
- Add the pepper and the onion and let the onion soften up.
- Add the beans and the tomato puree, mix it nicely and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, honey and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes, so the flavours mix. You can simmer longer if you want a thicker sauce.
- Add the corn, and taste to add salt and pepper to taste.
#honey #Bellpepper #Chili #Food #Onion #Recipe #Oregano #Corn #Tomato #Beans #Beef #Paprika