A good use of the Mango Hot Sauce from the previous post is to make some Hot Mango Crispy Chicken. You can also use any other, hot or not, sauce that you like.
For this recipe you can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts, the first being juicier and craggier.
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 2 chicken thighs or 1 chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Corn starch
- 3-4 tablespoons of Mango Hot Sauce
- Dice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix the egg, the soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of corn starch.
- Marinate the the chicken in the egg-soy sauce mix for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat some oil in a deep-fryer (you can also shallow fry in a pan, but it is generally less crispy this way) at 170°C (or 340°F).
- Roll the chicken pieces in some more corn starch and deep-fry in two batches for 2-3 minutes per batch.
- Drain the chicken and increase the temperature of the oil to 190°C (or 375°F) and deep fry for 1 more minute or until golden-brown.
- Drain again then toss the chicken in a big bowl with the Mango hot sauce until covered.