After making my last recipe of hot sauce, I was in a sauce mood and had some mango and dry chillies, so decided to make this Mango hot sauce. It is less spicy than the previous chilli hot sauce, but has a lovely flavour.
If you want to make it spicier, you can add more bird chillies. You can also use this method with other fruits like peaches or apricots.
Ingredients for a batch
- 1 ripe mango
- 5 dry chillies
- 1 bell pepper
- 15gr of bird chillies
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Some boiling water
- Cut the dry chillies into smaller pieces, put them into a bowl and pour some boiling water until they are covered. Let them rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- Slice the bird chillies and the bell pepper and dice the mango.
- Add the dry chillies with their liquid, bird chillies, bell pepper, mango, vinegar, sugar and salt to a pot.
- Bring that pot to a boil on medium-high heat then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down, then blend it.
- Finally bottle it and store it in the fridge.