I usually only like the sushi with raw fish, but I tried this sushi type and indeed, it is very nice, and perfect for people who dislike raw fish.
Ingredient for two people:
- 120 gr of boiled shrimp tails
- 100 gr of vinegared rice (Recipe: Vinegared Rice)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Panko (Tempura Breadcrumbs)
- One or two leaves of lettuce
- Some Nori seaweeds
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower oil
- Mix the flour with 3 tablespoons of water to make a dough
- Warm up some sunflower oil.
- As soon as the oil is hot, put the shrimps in the dough, roll it in the Panko and put it in the oil.
- When both sides are gold and brown, put the shrimps on some absorbent paper.
- Cut the piece of nori in two equal rectangles.
- Take one of them and put them into “Landscape” position, put some rice on it and keep one and half centimeter near the top of the nori free of rice.
- Put your piece of nori and rice on foil, such that the rice side is in contact with the foil.
- Add a line of mayonnaise and some sesame onto the nori-exposed side.
- Slice the lettuce and put some on the mayonnaise.
- Add the tempura shrimps.
- Finally, roll the maki and cut it in 6 or 8.