I never ever ate any real ramen but I always wanted to have some. So I did a few experiment to get something nice. I tried some pork based broth, some chicken one, but never managed to make something that make me say “Waow!”.
So I bought some precooked ramen, it was the only noodles that I could find with “Ramen” written on it, and used some of the leftover ingredients that I had.
The result was “WAAAOW!”.
Ingredients for one bowl:
- Ramen noodles
- 500 ml of water
- Dashi powder
- 10 small prawns
- 1 small onion
- A very little piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Sesame oil (I used sesame oil infused with garlic and ginger)
- Miso paste
- Cayenne pepper
For the topping:
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 2-3 onion slices
- Half of a leaf of nori seaweed
- Wakame seaweed
- Bonito flakes
- Shrimps from the broth.
- First cut your onion: Keep 2-3 thin slices for the topping and dice the rest in 1cm pieces.
- Slice the ginger without removing the skin.
- In a pan, warm up some sesame oil and slowly cook on medium heat the onion, ginger and the shrimp. While it is cooking, begin the preparation of the broth.
- In a pot, pour the water and the dashi powder and put it on medium heat.
- Add the soy sauce, the fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- When the ingredients in the pan begin to have a nice smell, put them in the pot and let it simmer at medium low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Sieve the broth to remove everything that is not liquid.
- Dissolve a tablespoon of miso in the broth.
- Taste and add the spices and a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Cook the ramen as indicated on the packet.
- When cooked, rinse the ramen and dray it.
- Add them to the soup for 2 minutes.
- Put some ramen in a bowl
- Add some soup to slightly cover it
- Add all the topings
One thought on “Prawn ramen”