The original recipe does not contain any cream but personally, I prefer it with cream.
Ingredients for two people:
- 1 onion
- 20 cl of cream
- 100 gr of thick bacon
- 2 eggs
- 250-300 gr of pasta
- Some aromatic herbs
- Dice the onion and cook it in some olive oil.
- Dice the bacon.
- As soon as the onions begin to be browned, reduce the heat by half and add the bacon.
- When the bacon is practically ready, add the cream, some pepper and some herbs (oregano, basilica …) and set the heat at the minimum. Start to cook the pasta.
- Separate the white from the yellow of the eggs right away the pasta are ready, and add the white into the sauce. The sauce should get thicker. Keep the yellow part of the egg.
- Finally, you can either place the pasta into the sauce or place the pasta on a plate and lather the sauce on top. Do it in a form of a volcano and add the yellow of the egg in the crater. Garnish with parmesan.
Bon appétit !