Rework of the “Tare Yaki Tsukune” Recipe.
These lovely little chicken meatballs are usually served in yakitori restaurants in Japan by skewers of 3.
This recipe is a simplified version of it, using a pan. I will make another recipe as soon as I try it on the braai/barbecue.
When it is pan-fired, it goes very well with rice. And I like to top it with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onion, as well as a little bit of sesame oil and pickled ginger.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 600gr of minced chicken (equivalent to 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 big onion
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- Mix the sugar, soy sauce, mirin and sake.
- Dice thinly the onion and mix it with the chicken mince.
- Preheat some oil in a pan on high heat.
- Using wet hands (so it is easier to make the meatballs), make small (2 to 3 cm) meatballs and put them in the pan.
- Cook until it is golden brown on all the sides.
- Add the sauce mix and cook for 2 more minutes while constantly turning the meatballs so they are nicely covered with sauce.