This recipe present the way I made my Chilli Hot Sauce, so I can remember it, but you can use it and customise it as much as you want. For example, you can replace the chillies I am using by any other one you like. Another possibility is to replace some of the chillies by some bell pepper to reduce the heat. Also you can cook it with or without the seeds depending on the heat you would like, and you can strain the sauce after blending if you want it smooth. I prefer it chunky.
Be very careful while making hot sauce. First of all, do not rub your eyes. Also, when you are cooking the sauce, it is better to have some fresh air because the smell is spicy. Finally, be careful when blending the sauce while it is still hot.
- 100gr of Scotch bonnet chilli
- 100gr of Bird chilli
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Cut roughly the garlic and the chillies, remove the seeds if you prefer.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil 5 minutes then reduce the heat to medium so it simmers, and simmer it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little bit before blending it.
- You might strain it at this moment.
- Bottle it and keep it in the fridge.