I was told that ribs made in the oven are disgusting, I think I managed to prove the contrary!
For this recipe I used pork ribs with some additional meat on top of it because it have some additional fat that makes them more moist. But you can do exactly the same with normal ribs.
- Pork Ribs
- Olive Oil
- Chilli powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Barbecue Sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Generously rub the ribs with the paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper. Let it infuse during one or two hours at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 250°C.
- Rub the ribs with a little bit of olive oil.
- Fill a tray with water and put it on the lowest level of the oven. If all the water evaporates during the baking, add some more.
- Put the ribs on a rack in the middle of the oven, bone side down, and let it cook for 40 minutes or until it starts to be crispy on top.
- In a bowl, mix 6 table spoons of barbecue sauce, 2 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce, the spices and the pepper.
- Turn the ribs bone side up, and let it cook 10 more minutes.
- Brush the meat on both sides with the sauce and put it back in the oven, bone side down.
- When the sauce starts to caramelise, brush the meat side with some more sauce. Repeat it twice or three times.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest 10 minutes.