I am not very fond of salads in general, but this one feels more like a whole dish than a simple salad. It has a lot of different spices (based on an old recipe) but is quite simple to make.
Ingredients for the marinade of 2 chicken breasts
- Half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (If you like it slightly hot)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogourt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Half a teaspoon of Italian herbs
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Quarter of cucumber
- Half a small onion
- 1 tomato
- Some lettuce
- Half an avocado
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and add the chicken breast. Leave it to marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven at 200°C (390°F).
- Cook the chicken with its marinade in a deep oven dish for 15 to 20 minutes, or until having clear juice.
- Let the chicken cool down before slicing it. This way it stays juicy.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Slice all the veggies the way you like it, top with the sliced chicken and the dressing.