It is a very simple and quick recipe that you can customise as you wish. For example you can replace the shrimps by scallops, crab or even chicken. You can also change the ratio of salty/sweet/spicy by modifying the amounts of soy sauce, honey and pepper. And of course you can use any noodles you like. Finally you could even make this recipe gluten-free by using rice noodles or shirataki noodles and gluten-free soy sauce.
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 1 portion of Udon
- 150gr of deshelled and deveined shrimps
- The green part of one scallion
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of mirin
- Half a teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Slice the shrimp and half the scallion into 1cm pieces.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, black pepper and mirin.
- Mix the corn starch and water.
- Cook the Udon as indicated on the package.
- Preheat a some oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the shrimps for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and the scallion, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn starch/water mixture and mix well to thicken the sauce.
- Add the udon and mix.
- Plate it and top with thinly sliced scallion.
#honey #Shrimp #Food #Blackpepper #Recipe #Soysauce #prawn #Pepper #Noodle #Udon #Mirin