Now that the weather is getting cold where I live, it is a nice time to have some beef Stroganoff. I personally prefer it over rice or a buttery mash potato, but some people like also to have it over pasta.
In term of beef, I like to use cuts for stews as I prefer to simmer it for a long time, but you can also use cuts like fillet if you want to cook it quick.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 500gr of beef
- 2 onions
- 250gr of mushrooms
- 2 heaped tablespoons of sour cream
- Half a cup of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- A handful of parsley
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Slice the beef into little strips. Slice also the onions and mushrooms.
- Preheat a pan with a little bit of oil on high heat and sear the beef strips.
- When the beef is seared, remove it from the pan, add some more oil and fry the mushrooms.
- Add the butter in a pot and melt it a medium-low heat. When it is melted, add the flour and keep stirring it until you get a light brown roux.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic, mushrooms, beef and beef stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, mustard and half of the parsley diced. Simmer for at least 5 minutes ( or much longer if you want it to stew)
- When serving, add the rest of the parsley.
#Butter #Mushroom #Sourcream #Flour #Russia #Sauce #Food #Onion #Recipe #Beef