I tested a few different versions for this Mushroom and Chicken Pasta, but the one with minced chicken is the best to my opinion. But you can of course use diced chicken, in that case cook it until it begins to be golden-brown on every side. Concerning the mushroom, I generally use some frozen Porcini mushroom, as they have a lovely flavour and you can slice them thinner when they are frozen. The thinner slices sort of melt in the sauce. I also sometime add some normal mushroom to add some more of a bite.
You can also add some white wine to deglaze the pan before adding the cream, but I prefer without. Furthermore you can add some flat leaf parsley when the cream simmers.
Finally, don’t forget to add the cheese you like on this mushroom and chicken pasta. For me, I like to add a mix of grated mozzarella and parmesan.
Ingredients for 3 portions
- 2 Porcini mushrooms
- 1 minced chicken breast
- 3 portions of pasta
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1,5 cup of liquid cream or 3 hipped tablespoons of crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a pan on high heat with some oil.
- Dice thinly the onion and garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Cook the chicken mince until it starts to turn golden brown, and there are no raw spots.
- While the chicken is browning, put some pasta to cook.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minute.
- Add the cream and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Add half a cup of the pasta water and check for seasoning.
- You can mix directly add the pasta to the sauce, or serve the sauce on top of the pasta.
Some diced chicken and mushroom pasta
A plate of minced chicken and mixed mushroom (porcini and common) pasta
#Porcini #Mushroom #Chicken #Garlic #Sauce #Food #Pasta #Onion #Cream #Recipe #Cooking #Cook #Crèmefraîche