This recipe is my version of a recipe that i found on http://www.allaboutsushiguide.com/sushi-rice-recipe.html . It is adapted to how I like my sushi rice and to the equipment I have. For more details you can visit that website.
I love having it for sushis, sashimi or the next day after a sushi night, I like having this rice for breakfast with some sesame seeds and Nori seaweed.
- 2 cups of sushi rice
- 2,5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 2 pieces of Kombu seaweed (5*2 cm)
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Wash the rice until the washing water get transparent
- Put the rice in your pot or cooker and add the water, the sake and the kombu.
- Cover and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and “steam” it for 10 to 15 minutes. It have to be covered all the time so you do not lose any steam.
- When it cooked, transfer the rice in a bowl and let it cool down.
- While the rice cool down, mix in a bowl the vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Finally add the vinegar mix to the rice and mix softly.
2 thoughts on “Sushi rice”
Reblogged this on Whole Chacha.